MEASURING YOUR DOG
All dogs are different and vary in their size, just as people vary in size and shape. Here is a general guideline to fit your dog appropriately for a dog collar. For a proper fit, measure your dog's neck with a cloth seamstress tape measure. (If you do not have a tape measure, you can use a piece of string and then measure the string with a rigid ruler.)
- Do not take the measurement from your dog's current collar, as rope collars will measure differently due to the thickness of the rope. For a perfect fit, you need to measure your dog's neck strap
- With your dog in a sitting or standing position, carefully measure your dog's neck strap by placing the flexible measuring tape at the point where the collar would sit, i.e. at the base of the neck (wider part), as shown in the picture.
- Please measure (as close to the skin as possible) & add 1 ½-2 inches to your measurement.
- If your measurement falls in-between sizes, round to the nearest inch.
- Be precise as this collar is NOT adjustable or stretchable.
* If any of the sizes specified on our website match the size of your dog’s neck measurement, please indicate the right collar size needed in the comments box.
Customize your dog's collar!
If you can not find the dog collar model that suits your tastes, contact us for a personalized order at no extra charge.