Measuring your dog
Just as people do, dogs vary greatly in size and shape. Here are general guidelines on how to fit your dog appropriately for his new collar. For a proper fit, measure your dog's neck with a cloth seamstress tape measure. (If you do not have a tape measure, you can use a piece of string and then measure the string with a rigid ruler.)
- Do not take the measurement from your dog's current collar, as rope collars will measure differently due to the thickness of the rope. For a perfect fit, you need to measure your dog's neck strap directly
- With your dog in a sitting or standing position, carefully measure your dog's neck strap by placing the flexible measuring tape at the point where the collar would sit, i.e. at the base of the neck (wider part), as shown in the picture.
- Please measure (as close to the skin as possible) & add 1 ½-2 inches to your measurement.
- If your measurement falls in-between sizes, round to the nearest inch.
- Be precise as this collar is NOT adjustable or stretchable.
* If none of the sizes specified on our website match the size of your dog’s neck measurement, please choose other size and spcify the needed size in the text box that will appear below.